Irish Stew with Guinness
What You Need:
- 1-12oz Bag John Soules Foods Beef Steak, Frozen
- 2 tsp Salt (more to taste)
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Guinness Extra Stout, or whatever Stout you like
- ½ Cup Hearty Red Wine
- 1½ Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Cups Golden Potatoes, chopped
- 1½ Cups Large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1½ Cups Carrots, chopped
- 2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
Let’s Make It!
In a large pot or Dutch Oven over medium high heat, sauté garlic, onions, and carrots in butter with salt and pepper for about 5 minutes. Add olive oil and potatoes, stir and cover, cook another 5 minutes. Add wine and beer and simmer until the vegetables start to get soft, about 3 minutes.
Add ALL the other ingredients except for the John Soules Foods Beef Steak.
Simmer at a good low boil for 15-20 minutes to reduce the liquid. Add the frozen John Soules Foods Beef Steak and simmer for another 5 minutes until the beef is tender.
Serve in a soup bowl or poured over Mashed Potatoes with a nice Pint o’Guinness o’course