Greek Chicken Pita with Yogurt Sauce
What You Need:
- 1-16oz Bag John Soules Foods Rotisserie Chicken Strips, Frozen
- 1 English Cucumber (or 2 Persian or Baby cucumbers)
- 5 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Mint
- 2 Tbsp Freshly Dill Leaves, chopped
- 1 Container (8 oz) Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Lemon, for juice
- Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1 Medium Purple Onion, sliced
- 1 Large Heirloom Tomato, sliced
- 1 Package Pita Bread
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Let’s Make It!
Put into a food processor or blender, ½ cucumber (diced), garlic, mint, olive oil, dill, yogurt, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend smooth.
Wrap the Pita in aluminum foil, warm in the oven.
Heat 2 Tbsp Olive Oil in skillet over medium heat, add frozen John Soules Foods Rotisserie Chicken Strips, 1 juiced lemon, 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 tsp oregano. Pour in ¾ cup of the Tzatziki Sauce, simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Chop the romaine lettuce (about 3 cups)
- Thinly slice second cucumber half
- Slice the large Heirloom tomato
- Thinly slice the purple onion
Pour the remaining Tzatziki Sauce into a serving dish. Pull the warm Pita bread from the oven, slice them removing about ⅓ of the top and then open the middle pocket with your fingers.
Serve Buffet Style, let everyone stuff their own Pita.