Chicken & Fall Vegetable Casserole
What You Need:
- 1-16oz. Package of John Soules Foods Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Leeks, sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- ½ cup Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into medium chunks
- ½ cup Beet, scrubbed and chopped
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Purple Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Cremini Mushrooms, chopped (Mixed Wild Mushrooms work great too)
- 1 cup Tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup Dry Red Wine
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 8 oz Penne Pasta, dry
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Rosemary, chopped
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 10 oz Gruyere Cheese, grated
Let’s Make It!
Preheat oven to 350 and boil salted water for the pasta.
While you prep your veggies, cook the pasta about halfway – just get it started cooking so it doesn’t go into the casserole raw. Don’t fully cook the pasta or it will be too mushy in the final casserole.
When everything is prepared, put leeks, garlic, sweet potato, beet, peppers, onion, mushrooms, parsley, rosemary, salt, and pepper into the casserole dish, mix together. Next add pasta, olive oil, red wine, chicken broth, tomatoes, and the John Soules Foods Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken. Fold all the ingredients together. Using 4 pats of butter, place 1 pat each around the 4 middle corners of the dish, they will melt into the dish as it cooks.
Bake covered at 425 for 25-30 minutes or until the root vegetables start to get fork soft. Pull from the oven and sprinkle your cheese all over the top, then return to the oven on a medium high rack on broil. Broil for another 5-7 minutes until your cheese is all melted and turning golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!